From the magazine: Hitting the high street
The following is an article from the latest issue of the CHICKS Magazine. The UK's most…Read more
Would you like to raise money to support CHICKS but don't know where or how to start?
Dance the Day Away is an easy and fun way to fundraise for us!
All you need to do is:
- confirm a date and time that everyone can make
- decide where to hold your dancing fundraiser: your local village hall, your classroom, workplace, the local park ... maybe at the beach!
- gather together a group of friends or family
- put some music on - pop, rock & roll, jazz, country - whatever you love!
- get dancing - for as long as you like - an hour, in a relay style (taking it in turns!), for half a day - it's up to you!
- ask participants to either donate a small amount of money each or ask people to sponsor you all
To help you organise your event we've got a brilliant and free fundraising pack that will help you plan your Dance the Day Away, promote it to friends, family, colleagues or classmates and suggest ways in which you can collect and return your fundraising efforts to us.
And it really, really doesn't matter how little or big an amount you're able to raise for us - every penny goes towards the respite breaks we provide for young people
Find out more about Dancing the Day Away for CHICKS here.