CHICKS welcomes new Board members
We are pleased to announce the appointment of seven new trustees to CHICKS' Board. The new members,…Read more
Organisers of the UK's major mass-participation fundraising events including the Virgin London Marathon have teamed up to create a brand new fundraising campaign that will take place on the day of the now postponed London Marathon - Sunday 26 April.
The campaign, named The 2.6 Challenge, tasks fundraisers with taking on their own 2.6 or 26 themed challenge to raise funds. It can be as easy or challenging as the participant decides. For example, it could be completing 2.6 press ups, running 2.6km, getting your dog to sit 26 times in a row OR completing a whole marathon over a week!
Speaking to BBC Sport this morning, Nick Rusling, co-chair of the Mass Participation Sports Organisers group (MSO), said: “The 2.6 Challenge can be anything that works for you. You can run or walk 2.6 miles, 2.6km or for 26 minutes.
"You could do the same in your home or garden, go up and down the stairs 26 times, juggle for 2.6 minutes, do a 26 minute exercise class or get 26 people on a video call and do a 26 minute workout – anything you like.
"We want people to get active, have fun and raise money to help Save the UK’s Charities by giving money or raising funds for the charity close to your heart.”
CHICKS is one of hundreds of charities you'll be able to raise funds for by taking part in your chosen challenge.
To register simply:
1. Head to twopointsixchallenge.co.uk
2. Select either Donate Now or Fundraise Now
3. Select your preferred giving platform from Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving
4. Click through the options on those pages, selecting CHICKS as the charity you wish to donate to or raise funds for
5. If you're fundraising, decide on your challenge and invite friends and family to make a donation towards your efforts
6. Let us know by tagging us on social media or emailing email@example.com so we can support your efforts
6. Have fun and do an AMAZING thing to save the UK's charities, CHICKS included!
We hope that all those who had registered for challenges on behalf of CHICKS this year will be able to have fun with this exciting new campaign. And we hope others might be encouraged to join in the fun too!