CHICKS Fair Processing Notices
The EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) require that data controllers provide certain information to people whose personal data they hold and use. A privacy notice, also called a Fair Processing Notice, is one way to provide this information.
Below you will find the Fair Processing Notice for all users of CHICKS website. In addition we will soon be adding a full list of all CHICKS Fair Processing Notices relating to the many areas of the organisation.
If you have any further queries regarding the way CHICKS collects, process and stores your data, please contact CHICKS Data Protection Officer Joanna Foster by emailing DPO@chicks.org.uk, writing to CHICKS Data Protection Officer, CHICKS Moorland Retreat, Brentor, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 0LX or calling 01822 811020.
Fair Processing Notice for Website Users and Fundraising
CHICKS collects data about our website users. This Fair Processing Notice explains what data we process, why we process it, our legal basis, how long we keep it and the rights of website users.
We will always make sure that any personal data is protected and treated securely. Any information that we process will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and other UK or EU data protection legislation.
What data do we process and why do we need it?
When you use our website, we will collect the following personal data about you:
- Volunteer application form
Your name, email, phone, address, gender, date of birth, email, education, water confidence, DoE, health, criminal and enquiry
- Contact us and contact preferences form
Your name, email, address and telephone number. Following the collection of your consent, we will send you marketing information and newsletters. You have the right to unsubscribe to marketing at any time. If you do choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your name and email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident.
- Our website
We need your name and contact details in order to answer your enquiry and we process this data with your consent. We need your IP address and MAC address for security reasons. We will hold your personal data that we collected to answer your enquiry for six weeks in case you have additional queries.
- Criminal offences
Where required, we will collect details of any criminal offences of which you have been convicted, including details of any convictions which are spent within the meaning of section 1 of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974(4) and which may be disclosed by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975(5); or in respect of which you have been cautioned by a constable and which, at the time the caution was given, you admitted.
Our legal basis for processing personal data
By law, we need a legal basis for processing your personal data.
- We process the following data because we have a legitimate interest in the security of our website and so that we don’t email you again if you have opted-out:
- Your IP address and the MAC address
- Your name and email in a suppression list
- We process the following data because we have a legal obligation to do so
- where the certificate is required for the position, an enhanced criminal record certificate; or for all other positions, a criminal record certificate
- details of any criminal offences of which you have been convicted, including details of any convictions which are spent within the meaning of section 1 of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974(4) and which may be disclosed by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975(5); or in respect of which you have been cautioned by a constable and which, at the time the caution was given, you admitted
- We process the following personal data due to our legal obligation to share it with regulators and others:
- Government agencies for the criminal record checks
- We will process the following personal data with your consent:
- the name, address, email and phone numbers you submit when you consent to receive marketing communications from us
How long do we hold your personal data?
- For enquires – six weeks
- For marketing – until you withdraw consent or until we see that you are no longer opening the emails. We review our consents every year.
- For security – we may collect and store personal data for an indeterminate period so as to ensure the continued functioning of the website
Who do we share your information with?
Our software and cloud service providers
Rights of website users
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- Access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- we no longer need it
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data
- if we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out automated means
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with us in the first instance. You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Additional Fair Processing Notices
Data Protection Officer Statement
Records Management Policy
Next of kin
Respite Break Volunteers
Our contact details:
CHICKS is the trading name of CHICKS Ltd
Company number: 3440794 | Charity registration number: 1090457
CHICKS Moorland Retreat
Phone: 01822 811020
Our Data Protection Officer is Joanna Foster and she can be contacted at DPO@chicks.org.uk.