Event Terms & Conditions
Challenge event participants:
Terms and conditions
By registering for a guaranteed CHICKS charity place you are
Agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge that you will be contacted by email, phone, SMS and post in relation to the specific event you have registered for, ensuring CHICKS can deliver the necessary administration and communication required to complete your successful participation in the event.
- If you have paid a registration fee you acknowledge that the amount you have paid is non-refundable and cannot be used towards your sponsorship pledge.
- You acknowledge this is a fundraising event and commit to raise the minimum sponsorship pledge outlined for the specific event, excluding any Gift Aid or employer match giving. The exact pledge amount will be specified when you register on the website and in your welcome email and letter.
- When fundraising, you will act lawfully and follow the fundraising guidelines given by CHICKS. You must make it clear you are fundraising in ‘aid of CHICKS’ and are not representing on behalf of CHICKS. You must not do anything that may harm the reputation of CHICKS or act in a manner contrary to our values.
- For any independent fundraising events that you carry out to raise funds, (e.g. cake sale, pub quiz etc.) you acknowledge that you are carrying such events out in your own capacity. It's your responsibility to organise all aspects of such event and make it clear that such event is run by you "in aid of" CHICKS and is not run by CHICKS. You also agree to make it clear that such event is not "on behalf of CHICKS" and that CHICKS will not accept any responsibility or liability for such event. If you wish to use CHICKS’ logo, please contact email@example.com who can provide an "in aid of" logo.
- You agree to secure a licence from the relevant local authority before collecting funds on the street or in a public place. You acknowledge you are responsible for obtaining any such licence and this is not the responsibility of CHICKS.
- You agree to send 80% of your sponsorship prior to the event date and the remaining sponsorship funds collected or raised to CHICKS no later than 6 weeks after the event.
- You agree to ensure any cheques relating to your sponsorship are made payable to CHICKS and sent for the attention of Kayleigh Young- Valentine with the event name, your full name and address.
- When fundraising, it is critical you make your donors aware that a proportion of the money you raise will go towards paying for your place in the event. CHICKS carefully budget to ensure that as long as you meet or exceed your pledge, a good proportion of your money raised will directly benefit the children CHICKS support. The costs vary for each event; please contact Kayleigh- Event Fundraiser for further information).
- You will take responsibility for registering your contact details with the 3rd party event organiser if required. Failure to do so will mean you cannot take part in the event. If this is necessary, we will inform you well in advance of what action is required.
- If you have to withdraw prior to the event, you must notify CHICKS immediately and before the registration deadline if possible. This means we might be able to re-allocate your place to someone else. Any money raised will be retained as a donation towards CHICKS. If you wish to refund your donors in this instance, you must ask your individual donors to make a written request to CHICKS, as they will be refunded directly.
- You acknowledge that CHICKS will share your contact details with the organiser of the event or 3rd party organiser of the event in which you are taking part. We will never share your data with any other third parties or used in any other way, unless you agree.
- If you have signed up for an event which is managed through one of our event suppliers Run for Charity, you acknowledge that we will share your contact details with them to enable your registration to the event organisers console. This information is shared securely and is deleted immediately after your details have been added.
- The event which you are registering for is physically challenging and may pose a risk of discomfort, illness, injury, and even death. You need to be satisfied that you are physically capable of doing the event without undue risk to your health or life. We do not conduct health or fitness checks on entrants and the responsibility for your ability to participate in the event is with you as the participant.
- If you have a medical condition or are unsure of your physical ability to take part in the event, you must seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the participating in the event.
- You acknowledge CHICKS is unable to provide insurance for fundraising activity, and you are responsible for securing appropriate insurance cover if required for your fundraising activity.
- You acknowledge you are fully responsible for your participation in the Event and CHICKS does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising from the Event.
- You acknowledge that any photography or film footage taken as part of your participation in the event can be used for promotional and marketing purposes for this specific event and any future CHICKS events activity.
- You will ensure all correspondence regarding your event participation is directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01822 811 125