Hadrians Wall Cycle Walk Cycle
Hadrian’s Wall was built to defend against the North and now it's your time to conquer Historic Hadrian’s Wall in just 3 days. Are you ready to take on the challenge for CHICKS?
In AD 122 Emperor Hadrian ordered the construction of a wall across northern England to hold back the advancing hordes from the North. Despite the battles that the wall has seen over the centuries, Hadrian’s Wall remains the largest ancient monument in northern Europe. Trek and cycle in the footsteps of the Roman Empire and take on this challenge that stretches the breadth of Northern England for CHICKS
What does the Challenge invole?
The challenge covers the whole length of Hadrian's Wall in just three days. You cycle the first part, walk the central, more mountainous and craggy section, and cycle the last part. The route passes through some of Northern England's most beautiful scenery and on the walk, you will enjoy some of the finest and best preserved sections of the wall. The terrain varies between the peaceful Solway Firth, the cities of Carlisle and Newcastle, and the wild mountain scenery of the central section of the wall. The walking is along the wall from Greenhead to Brocolitia. The cycling is primarily along the Hadrian’s Wall cycle route, which combines low-traffic country roads with off-road sections. Throughout, the scenery is impressive. A great way to do the whole length of the wall in 3 days.
The Challenge includes;
- Three nights’ twin room accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast
- Qualified mountain leaders on walk day
- Qualified cycle guides on cycling days
- Transfers from point of arrival and point of departure as well as during the trip to the start and finish points of your walks
- Baggage and cycle equipment transfer. (This is limited to 1 bag per person, however extra bags can be transferred at a small supplement)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Option to use your own bike (mountain or trail bike)
When you sign up you’ll receive a CHICKS T-shirt, the complete support of our Events team and a fundraising pack with everything you’ll need to raise money.
How do I register and join Team CHICKS?
To do this challenge there is a non-refundable registration fee of £199 per person, payable to Maximum Adventure at the time of booking.
Once registered, you can choose one of the following options;
• Pledge to raise a minimum of £800 in sponsorship for CHICKS (minimum fundraising target of which 80% to be raised 10 weeks before departure.)
• Self-Fund the challenge by paying the balance of £400 yourself. We kindly ask you to try and raise as much sponsorship as you can to support CHICKS
Please note: The event is organised by Maximum Adventure and benefits CHICKS through the sponsorship you raise. Depending on your group size participants raising funds for CHICKS may be joined by others, raising money for different charities.